The Journey


Episode 2

When I looked to him to hear a word, he stared at me for at least a minute to probably behold the shock on my face.

So he later asked " Are you Rebecca?

Surely, I replied in my sweetest tone, " Yes"

"Mr Collins calls for you at the staff room" he said and politely walked away.

These few words he uttered some minutes ago kept replaying in my head for days. I was head over heels already.

So, on Thursday, we were having music class when the teacher proposed that he wants a freestyle competition between the best singers in his class.

I was not a singer, so I quietly shut myself in. Two ladies moved out and to the amazement of the whole class, Samuel stood up to the contest.

The ladies sang and were given the accolades of "thank you for attempting" until Samuel took the class front and melodiously sang- This is not goodbye by Sidewalk Prophet.

I was thrilled. This made me conclude I was in love.

I got his phone number, twitter handle, IG and facebook. I kept in touch with a different picture and secretive chat.


Let's get this straight, Samuel isn't my first crush. I have an ex boyfriend who attends the same school but is my senior. He should be graduating this year.

His name is Ade.

Ade and I broke up because of what I call mood swing. I just felt like moving on. He didn't offend me, neither did I.

My luck ran out on me that night.

I was listening to a song by Ed Sheeran, when I went into the world of fantasy all because of Samuel.

I knew he had noticed me but his actions were slow and steady. I needed it to be quick because I was already hungry for his affection.

He didn't have much externals to admire, but there was something special about him I could not explain.

Now after my fantasy episode I noticed a rush in my blood that was calling me to make the first move.

I was in love, so I didn't care.

On Monday, at his usual sitting spot in the cafeteria, I approached him. I wasn't that bold, I was only desperate. If he rejected me, I'll hide in my shell for the rest of the year.

We talked usual stuff. I asked him about his exes and he seem to have a good dating record. " Not too bad" I thought.

Then I stood up and said these words I believed were right " Samuel, I have something to tell you?"

He stared at me with those lovely pair of eyes and I felt like... words can't contain.

" What's it?" In those gentle voice that sound like they've been edited.

So I said __ __ __


Watch out for Episode 3



story by Owolabi Philip
Twitter OwolabiPhilipM1
Facebook Philip Owolabi
IG philipowolabi
Whatsapp 07056240398


Thanks for reading...

Comments

Popular Posts