The Journey


Episode 3

As I was about to spill my little secret, Funke walked in, it was seen as a life saver for me right there cause I was nervous but a bad intrusion when I thought about it later.

Funke just interfered in her rudest manners saying " hey Rebecca, I need to see you, we have an unfinished class project for our group"

Yeah, we were in the same biology group but can't it wait?

I left and kept Samuel anxious. He must be full of thoughts of what I could have wanted to say earlier, but he looked like he could control his earnestness not to be seen on his face.

After school, he waited for me, hanging around the cafeteria's door. I thought this was indeed the beginning of my dreams come true.


Trust me, I was loving it.

He said in those calm voice of his " Rebecca, you were about telling something before your friend interrupted us back then, can you say it now?"

The sound of "us" made be go pink ( if there's anything like that)

Trust me, then I pulled the suspense stunt.

" It's nothing never mind Samuel"

Then the chase began.

We started keeping eye contact in class, eating at the cafeteria together. He was taking me seriously for God knows why, but I was loving the attention.

Back at home, I and my mom were constantly having fights because of some behavior she found intolerable in me. I was mostly down and sort of depressed after our daily psychological blow.

I knew it had a bad effect on my concentration in school.

Then Samuel stepped in to constantly comfort me on social media and in person whenever we met at school.

We were developing intense feelings for each other already.

That day at the Cafeteria, as we were stepping out back to the class, a bottle suddenly fell from someone who threw it from above our heads, and my gosh, Sam was already bleeding.

He was taken to the school clinic and later rushed to the nearest hospital when first aid couldn't stop the bleeding.

I was there the whole time in the hospital thinking who might have done such. He was discharged at late evening and was not due to come to school for the next three days.

I was pained and determined to find out things better by myself.

Getting home, I saw a text message from Ade saying " How's your boyfriend's health?"

"He's fine" I replied

"Tell him to take care and steer clear of you"

I thought it was a joke, could Ade have done this? No, he isn't cruel, but can be extremely jealous.

At school the next day, I confronted Ade at the school's short break and said " Ade, do you have anything to do with the bottle that fell on Sam's head yesterday?"

He looked at me for a minute and started crying.

He kept on weeping, he hugged me and said, " Rebecca __ __ __ "



story by Owolabi Philip
Facebook Owolabi Philip
Whatsapp 07056240398
Twitter OwolabiPhilipM1
IG philipowolabi


Thanks for reading...






Comments

Popular Posts