Be Happy


Sometimes really to smile is costly
Not because we don't know it how
But we don't feel the happiness deep
And we relate with the world with a frown

Why?
I was due for a promotion this year
Competence was not an issue
Consistent results was my trademark but
I'm still denied, why should I be happy?


Admission has been a vision for two years
Far from reality, Jamb has become a nightmare
Jupeb, predegree was only an advert for the time
Yet admission still didn't show up, why should I be happy?

For me, hunger and want are like my two eyes
I just must feel the pain of want a day
Finances are a mirage of any possibility
Death is still distant in this hardship, why should I be happy?


I'm a noticeable visitor at every wedding
I give gifts to prove love and devotion
Yet my finger is without ring
And my days are so going fast. Is there a reason to be happy?

Countless situations can't be accounted for
But countless times we have a choice
To focus on these problems that seem to magnify
Or to give God praises and make Him glorified
Then your decision will tell you why you should smile

There is light where you don't see it
There is hope in God.


by Owolabi Philip.
IG: philipowolabi

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts